Sufi Tour Description
Every Moslem knows such names like Bahauddin Nakshbandi,
During the tour you will have opportunity to make pilgrimage
to the graves of this great theologians of Islam but also to
other sacred places.
You will get know better one of the most mysterious branch
in Islam- Sufism. The follower of this knowledge will talk you
about Sufism and demonstrate you silent zikr (sufi meditation
You will have opportunity to touch mystic but real sides of
Sufism. You will visit the graves of Sufis where people during
the centuries get treatment with water from the holy sources
next to the Sufis graves. Almost every grave of the Sufi could
give a treatment. Almost every has a legend.
- you will visit the graves of 7
great sufi of "nakshbandia" and "khodjagon"
- you will meet with the people of "alive tradition"
- you will have special appointment with:
- the follower of "nakshbandiya";
- science researching heritage of Sufism in Bukhara;
- the poet-composer, performances sufi music
- you will see zikhr
- you will visit sufi khonaka (the house
where sufi lived and gathered together to pray, to meditate,
to discuss about God and True Path) and where people
during the centuries get treatment with water from the holy
sources next to the Sufis graves.
- the holy place "Khazor nur" (thousands
lights)- the place of burying of first Muslims
in Uzbekistan, were killed because they accept Islam, more
then 1000 years ago.
- you will visit graves of other well-known sufis
Avliya of Seven great sufi teachers in
In Muslim world Bukhara also known as “Buhoro-i-Shariff”. Shariff
(Arabic world, means “holy”, also it means “seven”).
In Islam there are 7 objects of worship:
1. Kalam-i- Shariff (Koran)
2. Hadiths -i-Shariff (hadiths – talking of Prophet Mohammed)
3. Makka-i-Shariff (Mecca and Medina cities)
4. Shom-i-Shariff (Syria, Damask city)
5. Mazar-i-Shariff (city in Afghanistan)
6. Buhoro-i-Shariff (Bukhara city, Uzbekistan)
There are 41 holy places for Muslims in the world. 7 of them
are in the Bukhara.
The great title “Buhoro-i-Shariff” to Bukhara given for 7 graves
of great Sufi teachers:
1. Khodja Alaud Daula Abdul Khalik Gijduvani (the founder of
"khodjagon" sufi branch)
2. Khodja Mukhammad Orif Rigvari;
3. Khodja Makhmud Anjir Fagnavi;
4. Khodja Azizan Ali ar Romitani;
5. Khodja Mukhammad Baba as-Sammasi;
6. Khodja Said Amir al Kulal;
7. Imamu Tarikatti Shakh Mukhammad Bahau-d Din An Nakshbandi
al-Uvaysi al Bukhari (the founder of "nakshbandiya"
You will visit graves of this people and talk with their followers,
listen to mystic stories about them.
People of "alive tradition"
Next to the graves of seven sufi of Bukhara stay people who
look after the graves. Those are followers of sufis. They talk
about life of sufis, about their activities and talk stories
At the Khodja Azizan Ali ar Romitani's grave during 15 years
works imam-khatib Amrillo Sultanov. He well educated person,
and he knows Koran very well.
There are beautiful gardens around the graves of Khodja Makhmud
Anjir Fagnavi and Khodja Mukhammad Baba as-Sammasi. Those two
sufis were workers and their followers continue to look after
gardens, remember the words of Bahau-d Din An Nakshbandi: "Dil
ba yoru, dast ba kor" (means, "The heart to beloved
(Allah), and the hand to work").
Khanako (sufis' temple)
Khanako (sufis' temple) — where sufis gathered together to
talk, to discuss about Allah, Koran, Path, Love in this place.
Some of them lived there, because they didn't have a home, family,
they just wonder around the world.
You will visit medieval khonako where people during the centuries
get treatment with water from the holy sources next to the Sufis
The women Sufi’s khonako Kiz Bibi, where 40 virgins lived and
where woman can get treatment from barrenness.
Visiting of Hodja Ubbon Mausoleum, Hodja Zaffaron’s Tomb in
the desert places.
"Khazor nur" ("Thousands
The holy place "Khazor nur" (thousands lights) next
to Bukhara - the place of burying of first Muslims in Uzbekistan,
were killed because they accept Islam, more then 1000 years
and other places to visit in Sufi Tour:
Our Sufi Tour has different itineraries, and you can choose
which cities you would like to visit.
- mausoleum and the grave of Khodja Ubbon
- mazar of Khodja Zaffaron
- woman sufi khonako Kiz-Bibi
- Khanako Fayziobod
- Mosque and khanako Khodja Zaynuddin
- Khanako Bakharzi and Buyan Kuli Khan
the grave of Sheykh Seyid al-Bakharzi and his follower from
"kubraviya", also the follower of founder of this
branch Nadjim ad-Din Kubro- khan of Mongolian Gold Orda Buyan
- Khonako Nodir Divan Begi at the ancient pond
- Chor Bakr Necropolis (10-16 cc.) - complex
belonged to powerful religious rulers of Bukhara- Djuybar
sheyks, ruled ‘nakshbandiya’ Sufi branch in 16th c.
- Chasma Ayub Mosque (12-16 cc)
- active madrassah Mir-i-Arab (16 c)
- active mosque Poi Kalon (16 c)
- Minaret Kalon (1127 y)
- Bolo Khauz mosque (18 c)
- Lyabi Hauz with Nadir Divanbegi Madrassah
- Kukeldash Madrassah (16-17 cc.)
- Silk market (Tim Abdulakhana(16 c.)
- jewellery market or carpets market
- Abdulaziz Khan Madrassah (16 c)
- Ulugbek Madrassah (15 c.)
- “Sitora-i-Mokhi Hosa” - the summer Palace of the
last emir of Bukhara (19 c.)
- "Ark" fortress - the winter residence of
Bukhara emirs (rulers).
- Samanid's Mausoleum (10 c)
- graves of Khadrat Ubaydulla Akhrara Samarkandi
- Imam Ismail Al-Bukhari (collector of khadis «Al-Jami as-Sahih»)
- Prophet Doniyar grave
- Mausoleum Shakhi-Zinda (11-20 c) — the grave of Kusam,
son of Abbas — the cousin of Prophet Mukhammed
- Mausoleum Rukhabad the grave of Sheykh Burkhaneddin
- grave of Khodka Abdi-Darun
- Mausoleum Gur-Emir
- Reghistan square (15-17 c)
- Bibi Khanum Mosque (15 c)
- Kaffal Al-Shashi mausoleum
- Madrassah and Mosque Barak Khan, where the
Head of Muslims of Central Asia located. Also here is hand
written Koran by Fourth Khalif Osman.
- Zangiata comlex - the graves of Black
Khodja and his wife Ambar Bibi -followers of sufi Khodja Yassavi.
- Ensemble of Shaykhantur at the grave
of Khavendi Tahrur - the teacher of Khadrat Ubaydulla Akhrara