Description of Uzbekistan tours
Sightseeing tours include routes around the ancient cities of Uzbekistan: Bukhara, Samarkand, Khiva, Karshi, Tashkent, Ferghana Valley, which will acquaint you with the history, culture and architecture of our region.
Bukhara sightseeing program includes:
- Lyabi-hauz, located at the ancien pond-hauz, surrounded by old trees, which witnessed happy and sad days of the city and its inhabitants.
- Ark-fortress the majestic citadel, the habitat of the rulers of Bukhara, a stronghold of authority and power.
- Minaret Kalyan
symbol of Bukhara, throughout centuries served as a beacon for caravans in the desert, which made their way to Bukhara. Other name of a minaret - «death tower», according to one of legends, in mediaeval time from this minaret were thrown down adulteresses and Bukhara freethinkers. .
- Sitora-i-Mohi Hosa Palace ("Star and Moon of Khan") the palace of the last Emir of Bukhara. Fragments of the architecture of the palace remind of St. Petersburg palaces. This is explained by the fact that the Emir Alimhan in his childhood studied in St. Petersburg, from where he brought new ideas, embodied them in the architecture of one of his palaces.
- Necropolis of Chor-Bakr once belonged to an influential Djuybar sheikhs - not crowned rulers of Bukhara. Now necropolis resembles "City of Shadows", with the street of small yards with burials.
- Zindan emir's prison.
- And other architectural monuments of Bukhara.
More about architectural monuments of Bukhara
The history of Bukhara
Pictures of Bukhara
In Samarkand sightseeing program you see:
- Registan beautiful area with three madrasahs built by Timurids in different epoch.
- The Mosque Bibi Khanim the name of beloved wife of Timur, and the mosque was built in her honor.
любимой жены Тимура, и построена была мечеть в ее честь.
- Shahi-Zinda the burial place of royalty and nobility. The ensemble begins with the burial place of legendary Hussein, a cousin of the Prophet Muhammad, whose nickname was "Shahi Zinda" ( "Living King").
- Guri-Emir a family tomb of Tamerlane and the heirs of the empire. Inside the mausoleum is located gravestone made of marble and onyx, a tombstone over the tomb of Tamerlane amde of a large piece of jade.
- Observatory of Ulugbek - ruler and an outstanding scientist of 15 th century, the beloved grandson of Amir Timur.
Architectural monuments of Samarkand
The history of ancient Samarkand
Pictures of Samarkand
An architectural appearance of Tashkent is an ultra modern buildings, harmoniously abutted with the medieval buildings.
In Tashkent there are a lot of parks and gardens, rich with greenery and fountains.
- Independence Square The park Amir Temur is situated in the centere of the city. Here, near the monument, festivals and parades are held. Square is a main resting place of Tashkent and guests.
- Opera and Theater after Alisher Navoi.
The theater building was constructed on the project of Russian architect Shusev, who designed Lenin's mausoleum in Moscow. In front of the theaterthere is built a fountain, probably the most beautiful fountain in Tashkent, in the form of a flower cotton.
- People' Friendship Square, which includes a park with artificial lake, the monument to the Sufi poet Alisher Navoi, the mausoleum of the prominent religious figure - Abdulkasim Sheikh (16 century) and the sculpture of the family Shamahmedovs.
- And other architectural monuments of Tashkent.
Architectural monuments of Tashkent
The history of ancient Tashkent
Pictures of Tshkent
The ancient part of Khiva:
- Inner city Ichan-Kala is surrounded by a clay wall, more than 2 km in length.
- Kunya Ark (Old Fortress) - formerly the official residence of the khans of Khiva.
- The Mosque Djuma. Its ceiling is supported by the 212 carved wooden pillars. Some of them were brought from other cities and date from the 10th century.
- Tash Khauli Palace - the residence of the khans of Khiva. Here was located harem and a ceremonial courtyard for official receptions.
- Mausoleum of Pahlavan Makhmud over the grave of the poet, Sufi, professional wrestler and folk hero.
- Minaret Kalta Minor ("short minor")
is considered the biggest one in Central Asia.For unknown reasons, the construction of the minaret finished, reaching a height of 26 meters.
- Madrasah of Muhammad Amirkhan
the largest madrasah in Central Asia (260 students). Khan wanted the minaret at madrasah was greater than anything previously built in Khorezm.
- The complex of Islam Khodja the smallest madrasah and the highest tower of the minaret coexist in the complex of Islam Khoja. It was conceived so that travelers approaching the city, could see the tower from afar.
- And other architectural monuments of Khiva.
Pictures of khiva
An ancient Nautaka, a medieval Kesh, Shahrisabz ... so many pompous epithets worn city "Dilkesh" ( "heart warming"). "Kubbat al-ilm va al-adab" (Dome of science and learning). By the will of fate, this city, one of the most ancient in Central Asia, more than once turned out in the center of the most important events in world history.
Shahrisabz - birthplace of Amir Timur, or Tamerlane, was the second capital of his vast state. He constantly worried, improved and decorated it.
- Tamerlane built Ak-Saray Palace, which was a beautiful palace at its time. At the top of the portal Ak-Saray there is an inscription written with capital letters: "If you doubt the strength of our miracle deeds - look at our buildings!"
- Mausoleum Doru-Siodat ("House of the descendants of the Prophet"), where he was buried favorite son of Tamerlane - Djahanger. The complex became a family burial place of Tamerlane. The centuries-old plane trees turn green here in our days too, as a sacred symbol Shahrisabz.
- Burial Complex Dorut Tilavat ("House of contemplation"). Two mausoleum - Hazreti Sheikh (Shamsiddin Kulyal) and Gumbezi Seyidan, and alsos the Mosque Cook Gumbaz ( "Blue Dome") represent the remnants of the former ensemble.
- And other architectural monuments of Shahrisabz.
The town of Gijduvan an ancient city and most important point on the Silk Road, has always been famous for its crafts and bazaars. It is believed that Gijduvan kitchen is the best in Uzbekistan. In Gizhduvan you will see and visit:
- Potteryof Narzullaevs family, the fifth generation of potters, who managed to keep the tradition Gijduvan ceramics. To this day, in his workshop, they make various ceramic products, using ancient technology and equipment.
- Ceramics Museum, he only one in Uzbekistan, where you will leaIf you decide to take part in the tour in Uzbekistan, then please choose the most suitable route for you. Look at the top.rn the history of ceramics in Uzbekistan, as well as see the products of different schools.
- Necropolis of Abdul-Khaliq Abd Al Gijduvani,
a founder of the Sufi Order "hadjagon" (" way of teachers "), whose principles are fundamental to the establishment of the Sufi Order "Nakshbandiya".
- Madrasah of Ulugbek (15century), the third of three madrasahs, built on the orders of Timurid - ruler and scientist Ulugbek.
* * *
If you decide to take part in the tour in Uzbekistan, then please choose the most suitable route for you. Look at the top.