In the bazaars of Uzbekistan you can purchase:
- dried fruits (apricots, prunes, raisins, mulberry)
- almonds, walnuts, pistachios, peanuts
eastern sweets (almonds in sugar syrup, sesame halva, parvarda)
- fruits, berries, melon (peaches, Cherry plum, figs, apricots, apples, pears, apricots, persimmons, melons, watermelons, grapes, strawberries, cherries, cherry, lemon)
- mountain herbs, medicinal oils
- rice, chick-pea and sesame oil for pilaf
- mung bean (for sprouting)
- Uzbek wines, brandies (branded or better in specialized stores)
- embroidery (Suzane)
- gold embroidery
- carpets, silk and woolen
- Gold and silver
- national musical instruments
- silk fabrics
- silk scarves
- articles made of papier-mache
All this can be purchased at the souvenir shops, craft workshops in the art galleries and salons at the tourist routes of Bukhara, Samarkand, Khiva, Shakhrisabz.
National clothes (chapans – men’s roub embroidered with patterns, juma, skullcap-kalyapush, gold embroidery), Uzbek knitwear, towels, bed linen – you can buy in any clothing market, including the market "Hippodrome" in Tashkent).
Modern clothing (in the market "Kadyshevo" and "Alay market), in shopes on the street Amir Temur and near the metro Hamid Alimzhan, Sayligoh Street (" Broadway ").
Fur garments (fur coats, half-length coats, hats, jerkin, and dresses) from astrakhan and broadtail (in enterprises or in the shops on the tourist routes).
Handmade designer clothes, decorated with national embroidery, can be found in the shopping arcades on the tourist routes.
Export of cultural properties and souvenirs
Some of art products are subjected to examination, without which there is no export of these products from Uzbekistan.
In case of questions on the examination, contact sellers, guides, drivers, or our staff.
Examination subject handmade carpets, Suzanne (embroidered bedspread, tablecloth), musical instruments, art furniture, fiction - more than 3 books, painting, drawing, sculpture, silverware, utensils of silver.
Do not rush to buy antiques, first ask the seller to cause a state expert to evaluate the product, perhaps the product of more than 30 years and in that case, you are not allowed to take it from Uzbekistan. The violators will be fined and antiques will be confiscated.